Hexagon Composites receives new order for Hydrogen transport cylinders
16.03.2017 Stock Exchange Release
Hexagon Composites' newly acquired subsidiary, xperion Energy & Environment, has received a substantial order for hydrogen high-pressure cylinders from Air Products GmbH in Germany. The X-STORE® high-pressure cylinders will be used in trailers for transportation of hydrogen to German industrial customers by Air Products.
"We are proud to enter into a business relationship with Air Products, one of the leading hydrogen providers in the market," says Hartmut Fehrenbach, Business Unit Director of Mobile Pipeline® at xperion Energy & Environment. "While there is still a considerable fleet of Type 1 steel trailers in the European transportation market, we observe a tendency for Type 4 composite solutions successively replacing steel. This confirms that our Type 4 cylinders are the preferred alternative to traditional steel cylinders in terms of weight, safety and design."
"We are always looking to implement innovative technologies to improve the value proposition to our customers. By introducing sustainable lightweight composite solutions to our transportation fleet, we continue to meet stringent environmental and safety standards and improve our own operational practices," says Thomas Hollad, Bulk Transport Manager Northern Continent at Air Products. "We are pleased to have xperion as one of our preferred suppliers for hydrogen transport cylinders."
Deliveries are scheduled to commence by the end of first quarter and through second quarter of 2017.
With this delivery of the X-STORE® Type 4 hydrogen cylinders, the Hexagon Composites Group is strengthening its position in the hydrogen transportation market. The Group has established a strong position in the European hydrogen transport market and has previously delivered mobile transport modules and transport cylinders to multiple leading hydrogen distributors.
For more information:
Solveig D Saether, Communication Manager, Hexagon Composites ASA
Telephone: +47 906 34 977 | email@example.com
About Air Products
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment.
The Company had fiscal 2016 sales of $7.5 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 16,000 employees are making Air Products the world's safest and best performing industrial gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com
About Hexagon Composites Group
Hexagon Composites ASA (OSE:HEX) is a publicly listed company with its headquarters in Aalesund, Norway. It operates some of the world's most advanced facilities for designing, testing and manufacturing of all-composite cylinders and systems for gas applications.
In October 2016, Hexagon Composites acquired xperion Energy & Environment in Germany to strengthen its position in the global composite pressure cylinder and systems market. xperion Energy & Environment, headquartered in Kassel, Germany, is a leading manufacturer of Type 4 high pressure cylinders for the automotive industry and gas transportation.
For more information, please visit www.hexagon.no
Follow us on Twitter: @HexagonASA
Hexagon receives new order for Hydrogen transport cylinders
Illustration xperion Mobile Pipeline solution
STOCK EXCHANGE RELEASES
- 22.03.2017Hexagon Composites ASA: Annual Report 2016
- 16.03.2017Hexagon Composites receives new order for Hydrogen transport cylinders
- 14.03.2017Hexagon Composites' subsidiary xperion awarded Mobile Pipeline® order in Pakistan
- 22.02.2017Hexagon Composites ASA: Results for the fourth quarter 2016
- 14.02.2017Hexagon Composites ASA: Invitation to presentation of fourth quarter 2016 results
- 19.01.2017Hexagon Composites signs Letter of Intent with Nel and PowerCell
- 19.12.2016Option exercised to acquire Ohio facility
- 15.12.2016New major order to Qatar
- 23.11.2016Minutes from Extraordinary General Meeting
- 23.11.2016Hexagon Ragasco awarded new significant order in Qatar
- 11.11.2016Mandatory notification of trade
- 10.11.2016Hexagon Ragasco enters strategic partnership with Lipigas in Chile
- 09.11.2016Hexagon Ragasco enters Bangladesh
- 02.11.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Notice of extraordinary general meeting
- 27.10.2016New large TITAN® 4 order for the oil and gas industry
- 27.10.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Results for the third quarter 2016
- 17.10.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Invitation to presentation of third quarter 2016 results
- 05.10.2016Hexagon Composites acquires xperion and strengthens its position in the composite pressure cylinder market
- 04.10.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Closing of the Agility Fuel Solutions transaction
- 03.10.2016CORRECTION: Hexagon Composites ASA: Closing of the Agility Fuel Solutions transaction
- 03.10.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Closing of the Agility Fuel Solutions transaction
- 26.08.2016Disclosure of large shareholding
- 22.08.2016Hexagon Composites develops next generation hydrogen cylinder for Daimler's new Mercedes-Benz GLC F-CELL
- 18.08.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Results for the second quarter and first half year 2016
- 15.08.2016Hexagon Composites enters the CNG-for-rail market with new joint venture
- 08.08.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Invitation to presentation of second quarter 2016 results
- 01.07.2016Hexagon Composites sees increased Mobile Pipeline® investment in Latin America with substantial order to Mexico
- 30.06.2016Hexagon Composites receives U.S. DOT permit for TITAN® XL
- 20.06.2016TITAN® XL North America order for large-capacity industrial natural gas solutions
- 14.06.2016Agility Fuel Systems and Hexagon Composites announce merger to create Agility Fuel Solutions
- 26.05.2016Hexagon Composites announces joint venture agreement with Siddha Gas Technik in India
- 12.05.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Results for the first quarter 2016
- 02.05.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Invitation to presentation of first quarter 2016 results
- 27.04.2016Leading players shaping the hydrogen industry
- 20.04.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Minutes from Annual General Meeting
- 20.04.2016Disclosure of large shareholdings - proxies received in connection with AGM
- 01.04.2016Hexagon Composites ASA issues 925,000 call options at strike NOK 20
- 30.03.2016Hexagon Composites ASA - Notice of Annual General Meeting
- 30.03.2016Hexagon Composites ASA : Registration of share capital increase
- 29.03.2016Hexagon Composites ASA : Approval and publication of prospectus
- 21.03.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Minutes from Extraordinary General Meeting
- 16.03.2016Hexagon Composites - Annual Report 2015
- 29.02.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Notice of extraordinary general meeting
- 29.02.2016Hexagon Composites announces proposed private placement of new shares and strategic cooperation agreement with Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
- 25.02.2016Hexagon Composites extends long-term agreement with New Flyer Industries
- 23.02.2016Hexagon Composites receives significant Mobile Pipeline order for distribution of biomethane in the UK
- 15.02.2016Hexagon Composites acquires fuel systems integrator in Brazil
- 11.02.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Results for fourth quarter 2015 and preliminary results for the year 2015
- 02.02.2016Hexagon Composites ASA : Invitation to presentation of fourth quarter 2015 results