Hexagon Ragasco enters Bangladesh
09.11.2016 Stock Exchange Release
Hexagon Composites' subsidiary Hexagon Ragasco has entered into a four-year frame agreement with Beximco Group for sales of composite LPG cylinders into the fast growing Bangladeshi market.
As natural gas is a limited resource in Bangladesh, the government aims to reserve this energy source for industrial applications and power generation. Piped natural gas for households is planned to be replaced with bottled LPG, and it is therefore anticipated that the demand for LPG cylinders will be significant in the coming years. The parties are targeting a volume of 1.4 million cylinders over the four-year period of the frame agreement.
The first delivery under the frame agreement will be shipped in the fourth quarter of this year. The total value of the initial order is approximately USD 2.1 million (approximately NOK 17 million).
"We expect that this agreement is the start of a long-term collaboration with Beximco Group," says Skjalg S. Stavheim, Managing Director of Hexagon Ragasco. "With a premium product offering considerable advantages over steel cylinders, we are confident that the composite LPG cylinders will help to make domestic use of LPG in Bangladesh safer and more user-friendly."
"We are very pleased to have entered into a partnership with Hexagon Ragasco. The lightweight LPG cylinders provide numerous advantages over traditional steel cylinders in terms of safety, corrosion-resistance and user-friendliness, and will give improved handling and experience for the distributors and consumers," says Ajmal Kabir, Group Director & CEO, Petroleum & LNG at Beximco Group. "With our leading position, we aim to enter the LPG business in Bangladesh on a large scale."
For more information:
Skjalg S. Stavheim, Managing Director, Hexagon Ragasco AS
Mobile: +47 977 95 565 | firstname.lastname@example.org
David Bandele, CFO, Hexagon Composites ASA
Telephone: +47 920 91 483 | email@example.com
Solveig D Saether, Communication Manager, Hexagon Composites ASA
Phone: +47 906 34 977 | firstname.lastname@example.org
About Beximco Group
The Beximco Group is one of Bangladesh's largest and most diversified industrial conglomerates with an annual turnover in excess of USD one billion and employing 65,000 people. Its main facilities are located in Gazipur, outside Dhaka in Bangladesh. The publicly traded companies - Bangladesh Export Import Company Limited, Beximco Pharmaceuticals Limited, Shinepukur Ceramics Limited and Beximco Synthetics Limited - have a combined market capitalization of approximately USD 600 million.
About Hexagon Ragasco
Hexagon Ragasco is the world's leading manufacturer of composite LPG cylinders with more than 11 million units in commercial use. The high-volume, highly automated production facility in Raufoss, Norway is the most advanced of its kind world-wide. Hexagon Ragasco's products are unique and provide many advantages over traditional steel cylinders in terms of safety and user-friendliness.
About Hexagon Composites
Hexagon Ragasco is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hexagon Composites ASA, a leading global supplier of composite pressure cylinders and systems for gas applications. Hexagon Composites ASA is a publicly listed company with its headquarters in Aalesund, Norway.
Follow us on Twitter: @HexagonASA
STOCK EXCHANGE RELEASES
- 22.03.2017Hexagon Composites ASA: Annual Report 2016
- 16.03.2017Hexagon Composites receives new order for Hydrogen transport cylinders
- 14.03.2017Hexagon Composites' subsidiary xperion awarded Mobile Pipeline® order in Pakistan
- 22.02.2017Hexagon Composites ASA: Results for the fourth quarter 2016
- 14.02.2017Hexagon Composites ASA: Invitation to presentation of fourth quarter 2016 results
- 19.01.2017Hexagon Composites signs Letter of Intent with Nel and PowerCell
- 19.12.2016Option exercised to acquire Ohio facility
- 15.12.2016New major order to Qatar
- 23.11.2016Minutes from Extraordinary General Meeting
- 23.11.2016Hexagon Ragasco awarded new significant order in Qatar
- 11.11.2016Mandatory notification of trade
- 10.11.2016Hexagon Ragasco enters strategic partnership with Lipigas in Chile
- 09.11.2016Hexagon Ragasco enters Bangladesh
- 02.11.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Notice of extraordinary general meeting
- 27.10.2016New large TITAN® 4 order for the oil and gas industry
- 27.10.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Results for the third quarter 2016
- 17.10.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Invitation to presentation of third quarter 2016 results
- 05.10.2016Hexagon Composites acquires xperion and strengthens its position in the composite pressure cylinder market
- 04.10.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Closing of the Agility Fuel Solutions transaction
- 03.10.2016CORRECTION: Hexagon Composites ASA: Closing of the Agility Fuel Solutions transaction
- 03.10.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Closing of the Agility Fuel Solutions transaction
- 26.08.2016Disclosure of large shareholding
- 22.08.2016Hexagon Composites develops next generation hydrogen cylinder for Daimler's new Mercedes-Benz GLC F-CELL
- 18.08.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Results for the second quarter and first half year 2016
- 15.08.2016Hexagon Composites enters the CNG-for-rail market with new joint venture
- 08.08.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Invitation to presentation of second quarter 2016 results
- 01.07.2016Hexagon Composites sees increased Mobile Pipeline® investment in Latin America with substantial order to Mexico
- 30.06.2016Hexagon Composites receives U.S. DOT permit for TITAN® XL
- 20.06.2016TITAN® XL North America order for large-capacity industrial natural gas solutions
- 14.06.2016Agility Fuel Systems and Hexagon Composites announce merger to create Agility Fuel Solutions
- 26.05.2016Hexagon Composites announces joint venture agreement with Siddha Gas Technik in India
- 12.05.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Results for the first quarter 2016
- 02.05.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Invitation to presentation of first quarter 2016 results
- 27.04.2016Leading players shaping the hydrogen industry
- 20.04.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Minutes from Annual General Meeting
- 20.04.2016Disclosure of large shareholdings - proxies received in connection with AGM
- 01.04.2016Hexagon Composites ASA issues 925,000 call options at strike NOK 20
- 30.03.2016Hexagon Composites ASA - Notice of Annual General Meeting
- 30.03.2016Hexagon Composites ASA : Registration of share capital increase
- 29.03.2016Hexagon Composites ASA : Approval and publication of prospectus
- 21.03.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Minutes from Extraordinary General Meeting
- 16.03.2016Hexagon Composites - Annual Report 2015
- 29.02.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Notice of extraordinary general meeting
- 29.02.2016Hexagon Composites announces proposed private placement of new shares and strategic cooperation agreement with Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
- 25.02.2016Hexagon Composites extends long-term agreement with New Flyer Industries
- 23.02.2016Hexagon Composites receives significant Mobile Pipeline order for distribution of biomethane in the UK
- 15.02.2016Hexagon Composites acquires fuel systems integrator in Brazil
- 11.02.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Results for fourth quarter 2015 and preliminary results for the year 2015
- 02.02.2016Hexagon Composites ASA : Invitation to presentation of fourth quarter 2015 results