Hexagon Composites acquires xperion and strengthens its position in the composite pressure cylinder market
05.10.2016 Stock Exchange Release
Hexagon Composites ASA (HEX.OL), a global leader in composite pressure cylinders for gaseous alternative energy, has entered into an agreement with AVANCO GmbH to acquire their wholly owned subsidiary, xperion Energy & Environment, a market leader in Type 4 high pressure cylinders. The acquisition will enable Hexagon Composites to strengthen its global market presence and further broaden its product and technology portfolio.
Hexagon Composites operates some of the world's most advanced facilities for designing, testing and manufacturing all-composite cylinders for gas applications. By securing manufacturing capacity in Germany, Hexagon Composites is expanding its position in Europe considerably. The integrated Group will now have modern and specialized production units in Germany, USA and Norway.
"This acquisition represents another significant step in our growth strategy," says Jon Erik Engeset, President & CEO of Hexagon Composites. "We are impressed with how xperion has developed a highly competent international organization. We are confident that the acquisition will increase our competitiveness, market penetration and shareholder value and is well-timed given the current industry conditions."
"Hexagon Composites is one of the leading players in the composite pressure cylinder market, and the transaction will give xperion and its employees a strong industrial owner", comments Holger Garbrecht, CEO of AVANCO Group. "This is a future-oriented step, and we are convinced that both organizations will complement each other, enabling an optimal position in terms of markets and products."
The environmental value proposition of CNG, biogas and hydrogen continues to stimulate demand in markets world-wide. The two companies are well positioned in the hydrogen value chain with recent orders received for car, bus and railroad applications. With this acquisition, Hexagon Composites has further strengthened its strong commitment to the alternative energy space.
The xperion group includes high-pressure composite cylinder operations for light-duty vehicles, heavy-duty trucks, transit buses and gas transportation solutions at its modern production plants in Kassel, Germany and Ohio, USA. In 2015, the group recognized net sales of EUR 39 million and EBITDA of EUR 5.2 million on an adjusted basis. The two operations have 140 employees.
The acquisition of xperion's Ohio facility is pending and subject to an option clause allowing Hexagon Composites until the end of year to exercise.
The enterprise value of xperion is EUR 43.5 million (approx. NOK 390 million) on a cash and debt free basis. Additionally, an earn-out payment of up to EUR 11.5 million (approx. NOK 104 million) may become payable in 2019.
The following additional information is provided in accordance with Continuing Obligations of listed companies section 3.4.2:
1.) Transaction and parties: Hexagon Composites ASA, through a wholly owned subsidiary Hexagon Composites Germany GmbH, has acquired 100% of the share capital of xperion Energy & Environment GmbH and its subsidiary companies from the selling company xperion Holding GmbH, a wholly owned subsidiary of AVANCO GmbH. The Intellectual Property Rights enjoyed by xperion Energy & Environment GmbH have also been acquired as a part of this transaction. The transaction is not subject to any further material closing conditions, as closing occurred simultaneous with signing.
2.) Consideration: The total net cash consideration for the transaction is approximately EUR 40.0 million, of which purchased internal debt amounts to EUR 9.4 million. Hexagon Group will also subsequently assume EUR 1.6 million in external debt. This will be financed through the Group's available financing facilities. The current financing facility has been modified to a bilateral facility with DNB Bank, incorporating certain beneficial changes to the facility particularly in relation to higher leverage covenants. The modifications will allow more flexibility for the Group overall going forward. The overall size of the facility remains at NOK 1 billion, comprising a main revolving credit with overdraft facility of NOK 600 million and an optional ancillary facility of NOK 400 million.
3.) Further description of the companies and transaction: xperion Energy & Environment GmbH has activities primarily in the Mobile Pipeline, Light Duty Vehicles and Hydrogen segments and was previously part of a private group of companies under AVANCO GmbH. Please refer to the attachment to this notice which gives the xperion Energy & Environment GmbH proforma audited financial statements for the year 2015 and proforma unaudited financial statements for year to date June 2016. The Net Assets acquired, as at end of year 2015 reference basis, is EUR -0.4 million (approx. NOK -3.6 million). Total reported Operating Income on the full year 2015 basis is EUR 39.0 million (approx. NOK 350 million). The net profit on this reference basis is approximately EUR 0.6 million (NOK 5.4 million). The total number of employees in this business is 140. xperion Energy & Environment GmbH, consistent with German practices, does not have a board of directors. The acquired entity is expected to be self-financed to the extent that is possible. Off-balance sheet items are restricted to leases of buildings and equipment, deferred tax assets and guarantees in the ordinary course of business. Detailed information will be available from the consolidated financial statements of the Hexagon Composites ASA Group as compiled for 2016.
4.) Consequences of the transaction: In addition to the strengthened strategic impacts disclosed above, the transaction will result in recognition of excess value over book value (including Goodwill) estimated to the magnitude of NOK 285 million in the Statement of Financial Position. 100% of the acquisition target's results will be consolidated into the financial statements of Hexagon Composites ASA from effectively 1 October 2016.
5.) Agreements with directors or senior executives in relation to the transaction: No such agreements have been entered into in relation to this transaction.
SEB Corporate Finance acted as financial advisor to Hexagon Composites in connection with the transaction referred to above. Advokatfirmaet Schjødt and CMS acted as legal advisors to Hexagon Composites.
About Hexagon Composites
Hexagon Composites is a publicly listed company with its headquarters in Aalesund, Norway. It operates some of the world's most advanced facilities for designing, testing and manufacturing of all-composite cylinders for gas applications.
xperion Energy & Environment, headquartered in Kassel, Germany, is a leading manufacturer of Type 4 high pressure cylinders for the automotive and gas transportation.
For more information:
Jon Erik Engeset, CEO, Hexagon Composites ASA
Telephone: +47 916 30 550 | firstname.lastname@example.org
David Bandele, Chief Financial Officer
Telephone: +47 920 91 483 | email@example.com
Solveig D Saether, Communication Manager, Hexagon Composites ASA
Telephone: +47 906 34 977 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit the xperion website at xperion-energy.de and Hexagon Composites website hexagon.no.
Follow us on Twitter: @HexagonASA
Proforma xperion E-E financial statements
STOCK EXCHANGE RELEASES
- 14.02.2017Hexagon Composites ASA: Invitation to presentation of fourth quarter 2016 results
- 19.01.2017Hexagon Composites signs Letter of Intent with Nel and PowerCell
- 19.12.2016Option exercised to acquire Ohio facility
- 15.12.2016New major order to Qatar
- 23.11.2016Minutes from Extraordinary General Meeting
- 23.11.2016Hexagon Ragasco awarded new significant order in Qatar
- 11.11.2016Mandatory notification of trade
- 10.11.2016Hexagon Ragasco enters strategic partnership with Lipigas in Chile
- 09.11.2016Hexagon Ragasco enters Bangladesh
- 02.11.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Notice of extraordinary general meeting
- 27.10.2016New large TITAN® 4 order for the oil and gas industry
- 27.10.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Results for the third quarter 2016
- 17.10.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Invitation to presentation of third quarter 2016 results
- 05.10.2016Hexagon Composites acquires xperion and strengthens its position in the composite pressure cylinder market
- 04.10.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Closing of the Agility Fuel Solutions transaction
- 03.10.2016CORRECTION: Hexagon Composites ASA: Closing of the Agility Fuel Solutions transaction
- 03.10.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Closing of the Agility Fuel Solutions transaction
- 26.08.2016Disclosure of large shareholding
- 22.08.2016Hexagon Composites develops next generation hydrogen cylinder for Daimler's new Mercedes-Benz GLC F-CELL
- 18.08.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Results for the second quarter and first half year 2016
- 15.08.2016Hexagon Composites enters the CNG-for-rail market with new joint venture
- 08.08.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Invitation to presentation of second quarter 2016 results
- 01.07.2016Hexagon Composites sees increased Mobile Pipeline® investment in Latin America with substantial order to Mexico
- 30.06.2016Hexagon Composites receives U.S. DOT permit for TITAN® XL
- 20.06.2016TITAN® XL North America order for large-capacity industrial natural gas solutions
- 14.06.2016Agility Fuel Systems and Hexagon Composites announce merger to create Agility Fuel Solutions
- 26.05.2016Hexagon Composites announces joint venture agreement with Siddha Gas Technik in India
- 12.05.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Results for the first quarter 2016
- 02.05.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Invitation to presentation of first quarter 2016 results
- 27.04.2016Leading players shaping the hydrogen industry
- 20.04.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Minutes from Annual General Meeting
- 20.04.2016Disclosure of large shareholdings - proxies received in connection with AGM
- 01.04.2016Hexagon Composites ASA issues 925,000 call options at strike NOK 20
- 30.03.2016Hexagon Composites ASA - Notice of Annual General Meeting
- 30.03.2016Hexagon Composites ASA : Registration of share capital increase
- 29.03.2016Hexagon Composites ASA : Approval and publication of prospectus
- 21.03.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Minutes from Extraordinary General Meeting
- 16.03.2016Hexagon Composites - Annual Report 2015
- 29.02.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Notice of extraordinary general meeting
- 29.02.2016Hexagon Composites announces proposed private placement of new shares and strategic cooperation agreement with Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
- 25.02.2016Hexagon Composites extends long-term agreement with New Flyer Industries
- 23.02.2016Hexagon Composites receives significant Mobile Pipeline order for distribution of biomethane in the UK
- 15.02.2016Hexagon Composites acquires fuel systems integrator in Brazil
- 11.02.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Results for fourth quarter 2015 and preliminary results for the year 2015
- 02.02.2016Hexagon Composites ASA : Invitation to presentation of fourth quarter 2015 results
- 28.01.2016Hexagon Composites steps up Hydrogen business development
- 29.10.2015Hexagon Composites ASA: Results for the third quarter 2015
- 12.10.2015Hexagon Composites ASA: Invitation to presentation of third quarter 2015 results
- 06.10.2015Hexagon Composites ASA: MAN Truck & Bus AG extends Supplier of Choice agreement with Hexagon Composites