Hexagon Composites ASA: Results for the second quarter and first half year 2016
18.08.2016 Stock Exchange Release
In the second quarter 2016 Hexagon Composites generated NOK 315.6 (413.9) million in operating income and made an operating profit before depreciation (EBITDA) of NOK 37.0 (37.4) million. Operating profit (EBIT) was NOK 19.7 (23.2) million and profit/loss before tax came to NOK 18.4 (-11.7) million.
Operating results in the second quarter were impacted positively by a 20% growth in revenues within the Low-Pressure Cylinders segment versus the same period last year. However weak sales volumes within High-Pressure Cylinders continue to hamper overall profitability for the Group. The realized cost initiatives executed towards the end of 2015 are proving effective in countering the above volume reductions.
The first half year of 2016 provided an operating income of NOK 607.2 (815.5) million and had an operating profit before depreciation (EBITDA) of NOK 55.6 (90.2) million. The operating profit (EBIT) was NOK 22.9 (62.7) million and profit before tax was NOK 15.8 (41.6) million.
- Strong performance in Low-Pressure Cylinders.
- Profitability impacted by soft Heavy-Duty Truck sales.
- Mobile Pipeline® sales have improved versus first quarter but still relatively low
- Order intake for deliveries later in the year is healthy.
- Announced joint merger of Heavy- and Medium-Duty CNG Automotive Products with Agility Fuel Systems to form Agility Fuel Solutions with closing targeted for 1st October 2016.
- Repaid all outstanding bank loans in the quarter.
- Announced joint venture agreement with Siddha Gas Technik in India to pursue opportunities in India's natural gas market.
Other important events in the half-year reported previously
- The Group received NOK 667 million from a private placement of new shares and entered a strategic cooperation agreement with Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
- Awarded extension of long-term agreement with New Flyer Industries for the North American transit bus market.
- Acquisition of 67% of a Brazilian entity to pursue fuel systems opportunities for transit buses and heavy-duty trucks in South America and Africa.
- Awarded a significant Mobile Pipeline® order for distribution of biomethane in the UK.
- Commenced a business viability study of a proposed joint venture with Mitsui & Co., and Toray Industries, to manufacture and sell high-pressure cylinders for hydrogen vehicles in Japan.
For more information:
Jon Erik Engeset, CEO, Hexagon Composites ASA
Telephone: +47 916 30 550 | email@example.com
David Bandele, CFO, Hexagon Composites ASA
Telephone: +47 920 91 483 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Solveig D Saether, Communication Manager, Hexagon Composites ASA
Telephone: +47 906 34 977 | email@example.com
About Hexagon Composites ASA
Hexagon Composites ASA is a publicly listed company with its headquarters in Aalesund, Norway. The Group is a leading global supplier of composite pressure cylinders and systems for storage and transportation of various gases.
HEX Q2 2016 Report
HEX Q2 2016 Presentation
Proforma Agility and Hexagon CNG Merger Financial Statements
STOCK EXCHANGE RELEASES
- 22.03.2017Hexagon Composites ASA: Annual Report 2016
- 16.03.2017Hexagon Composites receives new order for Hydrogen transport cylinders
- 14.03.2017Hexagon Composites' subsidiary xperion awarded Mobile Pipeline® order in Pakistan
- 22.02.2017Hexagon Composites ASA: Results for the fourth quarter 2016
- 14.02.2017Hexagon Composites ASA: Invitation to presentation of fourth quarter 2016 results
- 19.01.2017Hexagon Composites signs Letter of Intent with Nel and PowerCell
- 19.12.2016Option exercised to acquire Ohio facility
- 15.12.2016New major order to Qatar
- 23.11.2016Minutes from Extraordinary General Meeting
- 23.11.2016Hexagon Ragasco awarded new significant order in Qatar
- 11.11.2016Mandatory notification of trade
- 10.11.2016Hexagon Ragasco enters strategic partnership with Lipigas in Chile
- 09.11.2016Hexagon Ragasco enters Bangladesh
- 02.11.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Notice of extraordinary general meeting
- 27.10.2016New large TITAN® 4 order for the oil and gas industry
- 27.10.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Results for the third quarter 2016
- 17.10.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Invitation to presentation of third quarter 2016 results
- 05.10.2016Hexagon Composites acquires xperion and strengthens its position in the composite pressure cylinder market
- 04.10.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Closing of the Agility Fuel Solutions transaction
- 03.10.2016CORRECTION: Hexagon Composites ASA: Closing of the Agility Fuel Solutions transaction
- 03.10.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Closing of the Agility Fuel Solutions transaction
- 26.08.2016Disclosure of large shareholding
- 22.08.2016Hexagon Composites develops next generation hydrogen cylinder for Daimler's new Mercedes-Benz GLC F-CELL
- 18.08.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Results for the second quarter and first half year 2016
- 15.08.2016Hexagon Composites enters the CNG-for-rail market with new joint venture
- 08.08.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Invitation to presentation of second quarter 2016 results
- 01.07.2016Hexagon Composites sees increased Mobile Pipeline® investment in Latin America with substantial order to Mexico
- 30.06.2016Hexagon Composites receives U.S. DOT permit for TITAN® XL
- 20.06.2016TITAN® XL North America order for large-capacity industrial natural gas solutions
- 14.06.2016Agility Fuel Systems and Hexagon Composites announce merger to create Agility Fuel Solutions
- 26.05.2016Hexagon Composites announces joint venture agreement with Siddha Gas Technik in India
- 12.05.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Results for the first quarter 2016
- 02.05.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Invitation to presentation of first quarter 2016 results
- 27.04.2016Leading players shaping the hydrogen industry
- 20.04.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Minutes from Annual General Meeting
- 20.04.2016Disclosure of large shareholdings - proxies received in connection with AGM
- 01.04.2016Hexagon Composites ASA issues 925,000 call options at strike NOK 20
- 30.03.2016Hexagon Composites ASA - Notice of Annual General Meeting
- 30.03.2016Hexagon Composites ASA : Registration of share capital increase
- 29.03.2016Hexagon Composites ASA : Approval and publication of prospectus
- 21.03.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Minutes from Extraordinary General Meeting
- 16.03.2016Hexagon Composites - Annual Report 2015
- 29.02.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Notice of extraordinary general meeting
- 29.02.2016Hexagon Composites announces proposed private placement of new shares and strategic cooperation agreement with Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
- 25.02.2016Hexagon Composites extends long-term agreement with New Flyer Industries
- 23.02.2016Hexagon Composites receives significant Mobile Pipeline order for distribution of biomethane in the UK
- 15.02.2016Hexagon Composites acquires fuel systems integrator in Brazil
- 11.02.2016Hexagon Composites ASA: Results for fourth quarter 2015 and preliminary results for the year 2015
- 02.02.2016Hexagon Composites ASA : Invitation to presentation of fourth quarter 2015 results